Friday, August 12, 2005

Have you ever wished you could go on vacation for a month?

Have you ever wished you could go on vacation for a month?
Well, we are and it's exhausting. I wish I could take a break from worrying that I'm missing something or not planning enough fun. Brother!!

We just got home from Vancouver where we were for 3 days. We had the best time. Rob and I love to ride bikes and we spent one entire day riding from sunup till sundown. We would like to retire there and live along the seaside trail somewhere.

We discouvered a new restuarant, Circoco. Very romantic and incredibly fun. We had a long booth just for the two of us, facing the grand piano with the summer evening light pouring in off the street in front. The pianist played a lot of Randy Newman and it was like our very own show.

Tomorrow we spend the day on a boat with two of our best friends. Monday we leave for Banff and then Calgary. I wish I had more time to spend at home as it is so peaceful and beautiful here in the summer and I love having Rob home with me, but I am very excited to visist Alberta.

Our visit with Micki and her family was perfect. Perfect! We had so much fun. They loved our place and we absolutely enjoyed entertaining them. All 6 children were scarily perfect. Not one fight, not one tear, not one frown. Just fun, fun, fun!

We went to Seattle twice to see Jen's art. It's becoming very sophisticated and interesting. She had a piece in the Henry Art Gallery at the U of W's art auction. She was asked to submit something and out of over 200 artists, she was mentioned with only 5 others, in the Seattle Times.

We saw Doug and helped him move into his new home for this year. What a shock!! His new kitchen is nicer than mine and his view is unbelievable. Upon walking in, I immediately lectured him and his roommate Dan, on keeping it clean, but they already had that in mind.

No comments: