MORE than 80 reasons why we Love Grandma Sonia (MOM)
1. Her apple pies are the best in the world mb
2. She will play silly card games (like WAR and Slap Jack) for hours with her grandkids mb
3. She cooks without a cookbook mb
4. She isn't afraid to try anything new like basket weaving, wax sculptures, gourd carving etc... mb
5. She waves goodbye from the door until we can't see her anymore. mb
6.Grows fantastic Begonias j
7, Makes terrific cinnamon buns j
8. Is wonderfully GOOFY j
9. She always has a story to tell. d
10. She never misses a birthday. d
11. She'll stay up late playing with the big kids and then get up
early and play with the little kids. d
12. I like to play with her (Elizabeth)
13. She is nice e
14. she let’s us watch tv e
15. I love her z
16. she’s fun z
17.she gives us cookies e
18. …and candy z
19. she has cool toys e
20. she helps us draw and she helps us find things ez
21. She grows beautiful plants for me, and will give me more if I kill them! ms
22. She makes the best potatoe salad ever....and often just for me. ms
23. Same for the deviled eggs. ms
24. She still casts spells on us when we beat her in cards ms
25. She's so creative - she can make anything out of nothing ms
26. She's one to look up to. ms
27. She always has desert ms
28. She never gets bored of wheel of fortune or Reba. ms
29. She makes everyone feel at home. ms
30. As a kid, she always had yummy licorice cough candies in her purse for us. mb
31. She lets me have as many 'mashes' of potatoes as I want. mb
32. She always has funny jokes to tell. mb
33. She never lets you leave her house hungry. MS
34. she makes me as many soft-boiled eggs as I'd like! and they are PERFECT. {jz}
59. She can spot an apple tree in dense bush while driving down the highway at 110 km/hr...and years later point the same tree out again. es
60. She has grown the largest hibiscus blooms I have ever seen! es
61. She has a wonderfully creative mind. es
62. She really enjoys the simple things in life. es
63. She's a gambler at heart. es
64. She has a streak of an arsonist in her (she used to own a flamethrower). Fortunately, she has been able to control those tendencies. es
65. She has a passionate hate for magpies, and flower eating jack rabbits. es
66. She knows how to trap squirrels. es
67. When there are deer out back, she sees them as cut and wrapped in her deepfreeze. es
68. She has the largest empty jar collection of anyone I know. es
69. She is very young at heart and as such is an inspiration. es
70. She knows how to charge her car battery when it goes dead, which it does often. es
71. Don't ever let this get out...but she steals slips from plants, so if she comes to visit, watch her closely or hide your plants! es
72. We had the best vacation ever with her and Pete in 1977. es
73. She is a compulsive buyer at garage sales and garden shops. es
74. She makes the best Perogies on the planet (and she will show you how to make them too!!) sb
75. She lets Jack beat her at cards (see #48)...ok, she lets me beat her at cards sometimes too... :) sb
76. Even as a newcomer to the family many years ago, she has always made me feel at home in her home sb
77. If someone like Grandma Sonia can come from a big family, then I'm not worried about my children sb
78. She cooks the best dinners ever js
80. she has the wonderful good sense to understand that dressing before noon is entirely unnecessary vz
81. she is soooooo fun to hang around with because we stay up late, sleep late, and then play cards after breakfast to wake up vz
82.she likes to fish vz
83.she likes to walk on the beach and look for interesting treasures vz
84. she has wonderful children vz
85. she has one of the best memories of anyone I know vz
86. she likes to cook, this is good because I like to eat vz
87. she has a great sense of humor and likes being silly and laughing vz
89. she makes beautiful quilts vz
91. she made the absolute best halloween costumes --- Jeri and I always won best costume contest at school!! vz
92. she has always been proud of me vz
93. she had a lot of fun with her brothers and sisters and has great stories to tell about it vz
94. when I was a little girl and we lived at Brown's house, she put on one of the best Halloween parties ever, complete with a witch's cauldron and, if I remember right, dry ice smoke, and all sorts of scary/fun decorations, although to this day I'm still scared of the skeleton in the upstairs closet vz
95. she really does make the world's best cinnamon buns vz
96. she is very adventurous vz
97. she is not an old lady at 80 and probably won't be at 90 either vz
98. as in post 58, (which is just a shameless ploy for someone, not mentioning any names, to post her own baby picture!) she is MY Mommy and I love her!!! vz
99. she taught me to read and to love reading, yeah Mom! vz
100. I can beat her at crazy whist (but not at aces to kings) vz
101. she has an enormous and loving heart vz
102. she has wonderful taste in men!!! vz
104. her ingenuity. For example, one time when Jeri and I wanted to go swimming and the dishes weren't done, she loaded up the little red wagon and we pulled them down to the Pembina River where we had a blast washing them! Unfortunately, they got all dirty again pulling them back up to the house, but that is beside the point. vz
105. her energy -- she and Dad literally would stay up all night long visiting with their friends! I've never been able to do that vz
106. she and Dad would call their friends who lived far away in the middle of the night and wake them up just for fun! and their friends didn't care vz
107. She knows the name of every plant in the world, I think. Every time I ask her what something is called, she can tell me... and she can probably grow it too! mb
108. She is the best person to call if I don't know how to cook something, or how to fix a cooking emergency. mb (I call her, too vz)
109. She shares her fresh-from-the-garden-Peas-in-the-pod. (if my mom doesn't eat them all first).
110. She made a quilt for me, and one for Elizabeth, Zach and Heather... and when she didn't have time to make one for the surprise of early twins, she bought a really cute one for them. Treasures to last
111. She knows how to pack a cactus vz
113. Her wonderful, almost unimaginable gardens, flowers and veggies. rz
114. Always having a hot meal whenever you get to her house rz
115. I love her card playing strategies: hexing her opponents, calling someone a bear-cat when she's beaten, and saying holy catfish when she's surprised. rz
116. the smooth shifting she does -- playing cards seriously with the adults (if you can consider putting a hex on someone serious) then playing happily and tirelessly with the kids. rz
No comments:
Post a Comment